ST. LUKE'S SCHOOL
LOWER SCHOOL: JK – GR. 4
UPPER SCHOOL: Gr. 5 - 8
A coeducational Episcopal day school located on a two-acre landmark block in the West Village, St. Luke’s School offers a balanced and challenging Junior Kindergarten through Grade 8 curriculum that serves students of all faiths. The academic program balances basic skills and critical thinking with collaborative learning and interdisciplinary study. Small by intent and design, St. Luke’s size promotes openness, accessibility, and collaboration. St. Luke’s students and faculty come from a variety of backgrounds - we value, seek and encourage an enriching and diverse community. We believe it is essential for students to learn how to live and learn well within communities of diverse age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, religion, and socioeconomic status.
AVAILABLE POSITION: Lower School (K-3) Lead Teacher
ABOUT THE JOB:
Responsibilities of the lead teacher include but are not limited to:
- A sense of joy, wonder and an optimistic attitude.
- The ability to collaborate and teach independently.
- A deep commitment to equity and inclusion.
- The ability to plan and deliver curriculum to students, and a deep understanding of assessment.
- The ability to implement differentiated and small group instruction, and assess students and communicate appropriately and as needed with students, peers, parents, and administration.
- Broad understanding of literacy and experience in the teaching of reading.
- Participation in a variety of duties, including but not limited to lunch, recess, supervision of children in transition, morning bus duty, dismissal duty, etc., and participation in the life of the school, including attendance at required and other school events as possible.
- Participation in a personalized program of professional development built around a process of collaborative goal setting.
- Serving as a mentor, coach, and/or peer partner in an on-going or limited basis, as determined by the Division Head.
- Innovative instructional practices with strong literacy skills, excellent classroom management, collaborative, flexible nature, and sound pedagogy and planning.
- Demonstrated initiative, ability to meet deadlines, commitment to professional development and collaboration, and excellence in working with students.
- Modeling and embracing life-long learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Masters Degree or near completion of a Masters Program
- 5 years or more teaching experience
POSITION REPORTS TO: Head of Lower School
SALARY: Salary placement is based on experience and according to our salary scale.
START DATE: August 26, 2019